JellyPages.com

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Let your light shine and your hope glimmer



President Ronald Reagan proclaimed the whole month of October as Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month in 1988. To give recognition to bereaved parents everywhere. Robyn Bear believed we could do more. In 2006, Congress supported Robyn Bear’s proposal to create one day of remembrance in the middle of that month.  In the resolution it sayd “each year, approximately one million pregnancies in the United States end in miscarriage, stillbirth, or the death of a newborn baby.”- H.Con.Res.222 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. That is just in the United States, many more losses worldwide.

There are no words that can describe what it is like to lose a child.  I have often heard the quote that, “A child who loses a parent is an orphan, A person who loses their spouse is a widow/er, but there is no term to describe a parent that looses a child. There are no words strong enough.”

I have asked all my friends and family to come together and light a candle in support for anyone that has lost an infant due to SIDS, Stillbirth, miscarriage or any other reason. I am lighting a candle for the angels of those parents that have lost their precious child too soon. For those of us in this “club” that we wish we weren’t a part of. For those of us struggling to keep our angels memories alive in any way we know how.


I am lighting my candle tonight for my son Jayden, to honor his memory. I found myself in this club back in April 2013. I had no idea what was happening. I had no idea how much my world would change. I had no idea the journey that was waiting for me. I have yet to find the answers to most of my questions and I still have no idea why. I am still heading down this road in the dark. I will light my candle for others to see. To give light to anyone that needs it. Together if we all light our candles we can give light to so many that feel alone or left in the dark after such a loss. A wave of light, a glimmer of hope. Let the world know we our lighting our candles for all our angels!!  We are here to make a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment